- This event is being organized to coincide with the twenty-fifth anniversary of the adoption of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child by the United Nations General Assembly. UNICEF is making use of the anniversary both to celebrate the progress made over the past quarter of a century and to draw attention to outstanding inequity. The goal is to generate new ideas for upholding the rights of children – especially the most disadvantaged, excluded, and vulnerable – in the new and very different era that lies ahead.The Istanbul conference will address both the challenges and the opportunities which children and young people encounter in the communications and digital environment. Inequitable access, risks to safety and privacy, skills and digital literacy, and spaces for participation and innovation are just some of the topics on the agenda.With a particular focus on developing countries, the conference will aim to map and explore the global state of relevant research and practice, share and discuss insights and ideas from all around the world and encourage collaboration between participants across regions and continents.
- Conference Topics: Child Rights Syllabus: Era of Institutionalization of Child Rights (Opening); The Role of Communication on Future Dynamics of Developing Countries (Special Session);Global Communication and Social Change Understanding Safe Digital Citizenship; New Ethic Codes and Tendencies ; Social Transformation, Digital Media and its effects on children; Children as Cultural Consumer of New Media; Child Rights Syllabus/Journalism Education for Future; Redefining Journalism in the Era of Change
- As part of the conference, a special session for new participating universities in the CEE/CIS region interested in joining the UNICEF-supported Child Rights Syllabus Initiative is also offered. The session will cover an introduction to the syllabus. For more information and confirmation to attend this session, please contact Lely Djuhari (email@example.com) and Sema Hosta (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- Conference website: www.icrdf.org
- Conference Dates: 16-17 October 2014
- Conference Venue: Istanbul University
- Abstract Deadline: 30 June 2014
- Notification of Acceptance: 20 July 2014
- Submission of Final Papers and Authors Registration: 15 September 2014