The 2016 edition of the Maltepe University International Communication Students Congress (ICSC 2016) will focus on the main theme of “Communication, Technology and Creativity” in order to provide a platform that students from different cultures share their knowledge, experiences and discuss their expectations from future.
We welcome submissions for individual papers and panel proposals (including up to 4 papers), media practice contributions (audio / video) and posters that should be addressing, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Digital platforms and new ways of social interaction
- Internet, censorship and search of freedom
- Social media and everyday life storytelling
- Social media and integration with the real world
- Technology and social change
- Intercultural communication
- The future of the design
- Digital arts
- Social media and mobilizing public opinion
- Innovations in marketing communications and digital campaigning
- New opportunities for political communication
- Communication, city and metropolization
- The influence of “sharing” and “recommending” for media content distribution
About the abstracts
Abstracts should not exceed 300 words; may be in Word (.docx, .doc) format and include the following information:
- author(s) name
- affiliated university, faculty/institute and department
- e-mail address
- title of abstract
- body of abstract (up to 300 words)
- keywords (up to 5)
Submission of abstracts
Abstracts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and entitled as ICSC2016 Abstract Submission.
Please note that the deadline for the submission of abstracts is 29 January 2016.
Accepted abstracts will be announced by Monday 15 February 2016, and on the same day the conference website will be open for online registration.
Online registration will be open until Monday 7 March 2016.